I write to you with tremendous excitement. Not only are things up and running in our quest to ‘continue music education during the Coronavirus outbreak’, but many many young people are now actively involved in music creation across the country as a result and already the standard is incredible! Here’s this week’s remote work. If you’re reading this as someone outside of Manor CE Academy York, we welcome you! Please feel free to try the Kahoot! challenge using the link below – I’ve set up this challenge to be separate to the one our students are using (to protect their identities). I’ve covered the cost of this – you’ll just need to download the free app to play. Please do get in touch if I can help you in your work. This is a time for great growth in music education for our young people.
I’ve hidden the ‘iPad Help Videos’ link for security reasons.
Week 2 Lesson Instructions (23-27th March)
Year 7 & 8 Music, Manor CE Academy, York
- To learn about the guitar in a popular song
- To understand the assessment levels for this project with one week to go
- To know what to do next if you’re loving this project and want to do more
- Our testing day on Friday was very successful and lots of you have messaged me to say how much you’d enjoyed in. That’s great!
- I’ll post your work at the start of each week. It’s up to you when you do your hour of music.
- Don’t forget to join the ‘iPad Music Help’ Showbie group (code: *****) and check these videos before asking for help. You might well find your answer there.
- I’m helping 472 of you at the moment so to make it fair to everyone, I’ll only be able to promise to reply to your comments and questions during your timetabled hour. The only exception to this is students who have me on Wednesdays. On Wednesdays I’ll be leading sessions for students of key workers, so I’ll support Wednesday classes online between 4-6pm on Wednesdays.
- A few students are moving towards ‘Super-Mastering’. I will run an online lunchtime club for you soon, but I just need to think about which day
- I’ve posted some additional resources into the ‘iPad Help Videos’ group so between that page and this you should have everything you need!
- Other than your 1 hour of music, I have no additional expectation of how you’ll spend time this week. However, if you’re enjoying making music, just do it, because you love it!
- Special thanks to students who have noticed things that everybody might need help with. You are Amazing!
Here we go… Enjoy!
- Your Kahoot! Challenge for this week is here. Click this link to play: https://kahoot.it/challenge/0710763?challenge-id=e9fb6ebc-c0f6-4196-9ce4-6f8eae4c847c_1584885802115
- If you’re not finished from last week (instructions below), there’s no need to rush or panic. Just crack on! You’ve got this.
- If you’re confident you’ve finished everything from last week and the quality of your production is the best it can be… watch this video about developing Grime/Trap beats in your music to give your music a more current sound. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ra41qQqKoHU&list=PLCwa5VlECOWw89VyTNtvpdV1eAKtzEBif&index=5&t=0s
- If that’s not enough, push on and attempt ‘Mastering’. Video Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVa4HHEcwa8&list=PLCwa5VlECOWw89VyTNtvpdV1eAKtzEBif&index=6&t=0s
Have a fantastic week
Mr Lowe 🙂